The Canadian Assessment for Learning Network (CAfLN) is a flexible member-led network of teachers, researchers, and other leaders who are interested in the practice of assessment for learning (AfL) and the development of research and policies relating to AfL at local and provincial levels. The network fosters collaboration and sharing through the voluntary involvement and engagement of its members. Membership fees are used to maintain CAfLN as a non-profit organization and to build a member-driven interactive online space where members may participate in discussions and share experiences related to AfL. A members’ symposium connected to our annual conference is also supported by membership fees. Board and committee members do not receive financial remuneration for their contributions.
In just over five years, CAfLN has been able to connect over 290 educators from all levels in nine different provinces. The network continues to evolve, assessing its strengths and weaknesses as it moves forward. The CAfLN team of volunteers would like to encourage anyone involved in education who is looking to connect with other like-minded educators interested in assessment, to join CAfLN and actively participate in the network by sharing their stories and questions around assessment for learning. Together we can support each other and further our collective understanding of assessment for learning right across the country. Please join us.
What are the Benefits of Membership in CAfLN?
- Members can connect easily, online and in-person (at the annual symposium and conference), with teachers, leaders, and researchers at schools and universities across Canada to share information, concerns, resources, and learn from each other.
- Members will receive a monthly (September - June) online newsletter highlighting work being done by members along with information regarding upcoming opportunities for connecting and sharing.
- Through our Directory of Members you will have access to Canadian leaders in the field of assessment and evaluation.
- Members can initiate and participate in Pop-Up Meetings that occur anywhere in the country with fellow CAfLN members. These pop-up meetings are more informal opportunities for members to share their knowledge and experience and make connections with each other.
- Members have access to a variety of resources from Canada and around the world via the CAfLN website and opportunity for discussion through the blog.
Symposium and Conference
- Members can participate at a reduced rate in our annual Symposium and Conference, where they have a chance to gather, share stories of how AfL is being implemented across the country, share assessment research and effective practice with colleagues and strengthen a network representing all regions of Canada.
Mentoring and Support
- CAfLN provides a pan-Canadian support network to help educators deepen their understanding about assessment so that they, in turn, may improve assessment practice at any level of K to 12 and post-secondary education.
- CAfLN provides a network for members wishing to increase awareness and broaden the understanding of AfL among Canadian educators.
One year student membership - $50.00.
One year individual membership - $100.00.
Although membership is intended for individuals, we are aware that there are organizations with a number of people who are interested in joining CAfLN and would like to participate. For this reason, we have created an option for institutional membership where pricing varies depending on the number of individual memberships from one institution. Since CAfLN is a network of individuals, the people within the institution would need to be named individually as full members. If you select one of the institutional membership options, please complete and email the form found below to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the form has been completed and emailed, please select the payment option appropriate to your organization and follow the link to PayPal.
Follow This Easy 2 Step Registration Process
- Please download CAfLN – Institutional Membership Registration Form and fill in the information applicable to your organization. Once the form is completed, please save the document and email it to email@example.com
- After receiving the form, a custom PayPal Payment Invoice will be emailed to you. The invoice with reflect payment for your Institutional Members and the applicable discount. At this point you will be redirected to a PayPal site for payment processing. Please note a PayPal account is NOT required. PayPal accepts all major credit cards as well as a variety of other payment options. If you have an questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or concerns regarding membership, please contact us at email@example.com